PCOD/PCOS is known as Polycystic Ovarian Disease or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. PCOD caused due to Hormonal Imbalance in females. PCOD causes menstrual problems in females and also makes it difficult to conceive the pregnancy. This Hormonal imbalance can cause multiple small cysts on the outer edges of ovaries, due to hormonal imbalance the ovaries get enlarged and swelled. There is excessive production of Hormones that is Androgen and Oestrogen, and this causes various body problems. PCOD symptoms include menstrual irregularity, obesity, acne, and facial hair growth.
CAUSES OF PCOD/PCOS:-
- Excessive production of Insulin Hormone from the Pancreas.
- Hyperandrogenism:- Excessive production of male hormones.
- Early age menarche
- Unhealthy Lifestyle
- Mental Stress
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS OF PCOD/PCOS:-
There Are Some Common Sign And Symptoms Of Polycystic Ovarian Disease, These are followings:-
- Amenorrhea:- Irregular Periods or skipped periods, occurring every two to three months.
- Secondary Amenorrhea:- In this Sometimes no periods during puberty.
- Menorrhagia:- Heavy Bleeding
- Hirsutism:- Unusual growth of hairs on body and face.
- Acne Vulgaris:- Due to the excessive production of Androgen, Acne can occur that refuses to heal with unusual treatments.
- Obesity:- Uncontrolled weight gain, especially around the waist area.
- Acanthosis Nigricans:- Darkness or pigmentation of skin around the neck region.
- Voice Gets Deeper
- Moods Disorder.
- Male-pattern baldness.
- PCOD caused due to the disorder of Androgen hormones, and that affecting several systems of the body.
- Hyperinsulinemia:- The main pathology behind PCOD is Insulin Resistance and Hyperinsulinemia. Insulin regulates the sugar levels in the body. Due to insulin resistance, there is the inability of cells to respond to the action of Insulin in transporting Sugar (glucose) from the bloodstream into the muscles and other tissues of the body. The pancreas produces more insulin to combat the high glucose.
- Thinning Hairs.
- Skin Tags.
- Eating Disorder.
- Decreased Breast Size.
- Enlargement of The Clitoris.
Uncontrolled PCOD can cause so many problems in the body, These are as following:-
- Infertility:- Difficulty In Conceiving
- Metabolic Syndrome:-
High Blood Glucose Level.
High Blood Pressure.
Low Level of HDL “good” cholesterol
High level of LDL “bad” cholesterol
- Increased risk of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
- There is increased risk for perinatal complications such as gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia in Patients with PCOS who become pregnant.
- PCOD increased the risk of endometrial cancers.
- PCOD can also, causes increase cholesterol levels in the blood.
- High blood pressure
- Breast cancer.
- In The patients of PCOD there is a limited capacity of the ovaries to produce healthy eggs.
- PCOD also affects the quality of eggs.
- Increased risk of Heart diseases
- Sleep Apnea:- Difficulty in breathing during sleep, which interrupt sleep
- Endometrial Cancer:- During the ovulation period,the uterine lining sheds. If the patient does not ovulate every month, this lining can build up. A thickened uterine lining can increase the risk for endometrial cancer in the patient.
- Depression And Anxiety:- The imbalanced hormones levels and symptoms like unwanted facial hair growth can negatively affect on patient’s emotions. Many patients with PCOS eventually suffered from Anxiety and Depression.
- High Androgen Levels
- Cysts In Ovaries
- Irregular Menstrual levels
- Facial And Body Hair Growth
- Increased Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level causes Heart Diseases
- Increased Insulin levels cause Diabetes
- Ultrasound:- Used to detect the abnormal follicles and other ovaries and uterus problems.
HEALTHY TIPS AND DIET FOR PCOS PATIENTS:-
There are some healthy tips and diet that provides a good result in PCOS patients:-
Drink low-fat milk by adding a spoon of turmeric to it.
Eat more fruits like apples, papaya, grape, pineapple, oranges, and pears.
Reduce the intake of refining Glucose. Honey is goods for reducing Kapha.
Beans are recommended.
Nuts should be avoided.
In PCOD Spices should take only in moderate quantities.
Vegetable such as sweet potatoes and potatoes should be avoided.
Follow a good lifestyle that will balance the doshas in your body.
Negative thoughts or feelings like tension and stress should be avoided.
Decrease the use of contraceptive pills.
Follow an active and good lifestyle
Do daily exercise, yoga, and pranayama.
Daily perform yoga poses like bhujangasana, naukasana, dhanurasana, balasana, padmasana.
Stop Smoking, drinking alcohol, and using narcotics drugs.
Stop eating high calorie diet such as carbohydrate, sugar drinks, fat-rich diet, bakery foods, and fast foods.
TREATMENT OF PCOD OR PCOS ACCORDING TO AYURVEDA:-
According to Ayurveda, PCOD/PCOD caused due to the imbalance in Rasa Dhatu and Rakta Dhatu in the body. When the level of toxins and impurities increase in Rasa Dhatu and Rakta Dhatu, The body stored that toxins and impurities in the form of cysts around the ovaries. “MERCY AYURVEDA” has formulated the pure Ayurvedic Medicines are known as “PCOD CARE KIT”, which treat PCOD/PCOD from its root cause.
MERCY PCOD CARE KIT DESCRIPTION
PCOD/PCOS refers to the Polycystic Ovarian Disorder or Syndrome. It is a hormonal disorder. It is very common among women of reproductive age. In this condition there are small fluid filled sacs develop on the ovaries and also known as Stein – Leventhal syndrome. Symptoms of PCOD includes excess hair, facial hair, acne, weight gain, increased anxiety and depression, irregular or infrequent periods. Sometimes the Patients uses a high dose of steroids to relief the symptoms of PCOD, but steroids can lead damage to the ovaries, uncontrolled outbursts of psychotic aggression, cause liver diseases, and mood swings, etc.
Rather than intake of harmful drugs, you should use ‘MERCY PCOD CARE KIT’. This Kit is made up of pure and natural herbs that make the reproductive system strong and also cures the PCOD naturally by its root cause.
Description of Kit is given below:
1) NARI JEEVAN SYRUP:
Nari Jeevan Syrup is purely herbal and ayurvedic formulation. It is a very effective tonic for women and help to maintain their hormone levels. It balances all the doshas of body and also maintain health. It contains herbs like Ashoka, Lodhra, Shatavari, Daru Haridra, Dashmool, Arjuna, Gokshur etc. that help women typically with PCOD, mood changes, stress, headache and abdomen pain. MERCY Nari Jeevan Syrup helps in leading a life of minimum discomfort during those difficult days every month. It act as uterine tonic, immunity booster antioxidant, anti inflammatory, and anti spasmodic.
Recommended Dosage – 10 to 30 ml twice daily with normal water.
2) NARI JEEVAN CAPSULES:
Nari Jeevan Capsules are best for female health and vital energy. It helps to build up the immunity of women. This is a pure and natural herbo mineral product of the best quality herbs. The herbs used in this capsules are Withania Somnifera, Abrak Bhasama, Shymplocos Receniosa, Saraca Indico, Loh Bhasama, Berberis aristata, Swarn Mashika Bhasama, Asaparagves Recemousus etc. These are the herbs which used to maintain female health metabolism. It works well in the reproductive system of female and other health related disorders. The extract of these herbs is very beneficial which provides multiple health benefits. These natural herbs have the potential to improve female health and libido. The herbs used in these capsules are also shows a great effect on menopausal women. It works well in hot flushes and mood swings during menstrual cycle. It regulates the female menstrual cycle, relieve menstrual pain. It is also used in leucorrhea that is excessive discharge from the vagina, excessive menstruation, painful menstruation and delayed menstruation. These herbal capsules can alleviate almost every female problem when used for a long.
Recommended Dosage – 1 to 2 capsules twice a day with normal water after meal.
3) KANCHNAAR GUGGUL
Kanchnaar guggul is one of the very efficient Ayurvedic herbal medicines. It is mainly administrated in the fibroids, tumors and cysts. These tablet are used in the condition of dysmenorrhea, menorrhagia. It is the best medicine for the Rakta Shodaka (Purify the blood).These tablets are very beneficial to balances the hormones of the body. It enhances female reproductive health and infertility. This tablet contains the ingredients like Kanchnaar (Bauhinia variegata), Shunti (Zingiber officinale), Maricha (Piper nigrum), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Ela (Elettaria cardamomum), etc.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water after meal.
4) MERCY SUPARI PAK
This is one of the top ayurvedic medicines PCOD and Leucorrhoea. Supari Pak is trusted herbal preparation formulated used various medicinal plants, to treat a variety of problems related to female reproductive system. MERCY Supari Pak is a unique ingredient which promotes overall female health. Supari Pak also helps to strengthens immunity. MERCY Supari Pak Re-energies and revitalizes the body to fight exhaustion and fatigue. It also helpful with gynaecological problems, restore women’s health, Cures Leucorrhoea, Relieve headache, weakness, and backache.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tsf twice daily with milk.