Ayurveda is the science of curing diseases through herbs and natural products. At Mercy Ayurveda there is a viable solution to your health problems with our scietntif and natural medical kits. One of the majorly found issues in people these days is Gastritis.
Gastritis is caused due to the inflammation of the lining or mucous of the stomach, which is also known as the wall of the stomach. The inflammation is caused due to bacterial infection that causes most stomach ulcers. This is also caused by the regular drinking too much alcohol, regular use of certain pain relievers. Gastritis can cause upper gastrointestinal bleeding.
Gastritis is divided in two types:-
- Acute:- This type of gastritis may occur suddenly, so it is known as acute gastritis.
- Chronic:- This type appear slowly over time is known as chronic gastritis.
In some cases, the gastritis may lead to ulcers and also increased risk of stomach cancer.
SYMPTOMS OF GASTRITIS
The signs and symptoms of gastritis are mentioned below:-
- Burning, ache or pain in the upper abdomen due to indigestion
- A feeling of fullness, after eating in upper abdomen
- Black or tarry stool
- Feeling of extra fullness of abdomen during or after meal
- Stomach ulcers
- Loss of appetite
- Lose of body weight
- Belly pain
- Discomfort of upper abdomen
- Blood in vomiting
Gastritis occurs when there is weakness or damages of the mucous or lining of the stomach. Different things can trigger the Gastritis problem, including:-
- Alcohol Abuse Gastritis:- Chronic alcoholism can irritate and erode the lining of the stomach.
- Autoimmune Disease Gastritis:-In patients of Autoimmune disease, the immune system of body attacks healthy cells in the lining of the stomach.
- Bacterial Infection Gastritis:- A bacteria named as H. pylori is the main cause of peptic ulcers (stomach ulcers) and chronic gastritis disorder. The bacteria breaks down the protective lining of the stomach and causes inflammation in the stomach.
- Bile Reflux Gastritis:-The liver makes the bile enzymes that helps in the digestion of fatty foods. So the reflux of the bile occurs when bile flows back into the stomach, moving through the small intestine.
- MEDICATIONS CAUSES GASTRITIS:-The regular use of (NSAIDs) non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or corticosteroids for management of chronic pain can cause irritation in the stomach lining or membrane.
- PHYSICAL STRESS CAUSES GASTRITIS:-A sudden, severe injury or illness can cause gastritis. Gastritis may develops a trauma in the stomach. They can cause severe burns and brain injuries.
RISK FACTORS OF GASTRITIS
Factors that increases the risk of gastritis include:-
- Bacterial infection mainly Helicobacter pylori infection develops gastritis or upper gastrointestinal disorders.
- Smoking can cause gastritis
- Diet is the major factor which causes gastritis
- Regular use of pain killers can cause gastritis such as – ibuprofen, aspirin, and naproxen. Acute gastritis and chronic gastritis can be caused by these drugs.
- Adults have an increased risks of gastritis because the lining of the stomach gets thin with older age and also because of more chances to have H. pylori infection in older age.
- Autoimmune disorders can cause Gastritis.
- Excessive alcoholism can cause gastritis.
- Stress can cause gastritis. Severe stress due to major surgery, burns, injury, or severe infections can cause acute gastritis in stomach.
COMPLICATIONS OF GASTRITIS
Gastritis may cause stomach ulcers and stomach bleeding. Chronic gastritis may increase the risk of stomach cancer, especially if patient has extensive thinning of the lining of the stomach or changes in the lining of the cells.
AYURBEDIC PREVENTION FROM GASTRITIS
Preventing H. pylori infection from your stomach can be done in the following ways:-
- Mercy Ayurveda recommends you, frequently washing your hands with soap and water for 30 seconds.
- Eating food which is cooked completely.
- Maintain proper hygiene
- Sanitize your hands before eating.
- Avoid consuming processed food.
HOME REMEDIES FOR GASTRITIS
1. FOLLOW AN ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DIET
Broccoli and olive oil are a good source to prevent gastritis. The inflammation of the stomach membrane or lining is caused by gastritis, so you should take a diet that helps to minimize inflammation of the stomach membrane, this may provide you some relief from gastritis.
2. TAKE GARLIC EXTRACT SUPPLEMENT
Garlic extract helps to reduce the symptoms of gastritis. Crushing raw garlic and intaking it regularly works well.
Probiotics are helpful in improvement of digestive system and encouragement of regular bowel movements. Probiotic supplements provide good bacteria into the digestive tract of a person, which is helpful to stop the spread of H. pylori bacteria.
You should eat the food that contain probiotics and also helps to improve the symptoms of gastritis. These foods are including following:-
4. DRINK GREEN TEA WITH MANUKA HONEY
Drinking of green tea with manuka honey is very helpful to soothe the stomach, and give relief in gastritis. The study also shows that drinking black tea at least once in a week may significantly reduce the prevalence of bacteria H. pylori in the digestive tract and it gives relief in gastritis. Manuka honey is very beneficial for digestive tract as it contains antibacterial properties and also helps to fight the infection. Many patients are observed drinking warm water. It also helps to soothe the stomach and improves digestive system.
5. USE ESSENTIAL OILS IN YOUR DIET
Essential oils such as lemon grass and lemon verbena are helpful in increasing the resistance to H. pylori bacteria. The peppermint oil, clove oil , and ginger oil also have a positive effect on the digestive system and help to relieve gastritis.
6. EAT LIGHTER MEALS
Eating heavy meals which contain carbohydrate may put a strain on the digestive system of a patient and also aggravates gastritis. You should start eating balanced meals regularly per day. It can help in the digestion process and also reduce the symptoms of gastritis problem.
7. AVOID SMOKING
Smoking can damage the stomach of a patient and also damage the lining of the stomach. Smoking also increases the risk of developing cancer in stomach.
8. AVOID OVERUSE OF PAINKILLERS
Taking too many pain killer medications, such as ibuprofen, and aspirin can damage the lining of the stomach and make gastritis worse.
9. REDUCE STRESS
Stress can cause gastritis in many people, so you should reduce the stress levels; this is a significant way to help in managing the condition of gastritis.
The techniques of stress management include:-
- Breathing exercises
- Massage of the body
10. FREEZE IT OUT TECHNIQUE
In this technique take a glass of ice cold water, put two tablespoons of sugar into it, stir it well and gulp it down for some time. Repeat the process again for some time, and drink this. Glass ice cold water helps in stabilization of fluids in the body. It is believed that chilled water calms down the throat, the stomach, and the burning sensation in the chest. Therefore, after drink a full glass of cold water, take a small walk for sometime. The acid rushing up to the throat will subside slowly, and this will give good relief in gastritis.
11. DRINK COCONUT WATER
There is nothing like coconut water. Consuming green coconut water is very helpful to subside your stomach pain. You should make it a habit to drink coconut water once in a day. Coconut water is also rich in fiber, which is very helpful in digestion and prevents the re-occurrence of acidity in the stomach. Moreover, the coconut water helps to reduce the burning sensation of the stomach or heart burns, so coconut is also known as the cool lining for the stomach.
12. INTAKE OF GINGER
Ginger has the properties of anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory that helps to reduce irritation of the inner lining in the stomach and gives relief in irritation and stomach pain. Patient should chew a piece of ginger with water or with the boiled milk and drink it. You can also take a pinch of ginger powder, rock salt and asafetida in a cup of warm water, this will gave you the immediate relief from gastritis.
13. SIP OF CHAMOMILE TEA
Intake of Chamomile Tea helps to soothe the walls of intestines. This tea helps to eliminate gas from the stomach and also provide the relief from sudden stomach pains. You can also add one or two teaspoons of dried chamomile flowers into hot water cup and drink this tea several times a day. It is very helpful in improvement of gastritis.
14. EAT PAPAYA EVERYDAY
If you are suffering from inflammation of the stomach, eating papaya every day can be really beneficial for you. Raw papaya is very helpful in the condition of gastritis, as it helps to reduce the symptoms.
15. BAKING SODA AND WATER
Baking soda has the properties of antacid and it helps in bringing down the level of acids in the stomach. Take one teaspoon of baking soda and mix it in a glass of water. Drink this mixture as and when you require it; this will give you relief in acidity and gastritis.
16. CABBAGE JUICE
Cabbage is rich in vitamins. Cabbage is also known to heal the peptic ulcers. Cabbage contains the Vitamin U, which is helpful to heal the lining of the stomach and gives relief in gastritis within a few days. Cut the cabbage into pieces and with a help of juicer, juice it. Extract a glass of fresh cabbage juice and drink it slowly.
You can also add carrots into it, to make it even tastier and healthier.
17. AVOID FOODS
Avoid food items which are responsible for Gastritis, and food that commonly contribute to inflammation which are as follows:-
- Processed foods
- Spicy foods
- Acidic foods
- Dairy products
- Sugary foods